The Challenge Peguera-Mallorca middle distance triathlon has all the features you may ask for in a triathlon:
- A golden beach with crystal clear water (Torà beach)
- A technical bike route through an amazing countryside scenery
- An urban and littoral running course full of enthusiastic people cheering.
The European season ends in paradise. The Challenge Peguera Mallorca is the perfect middle distance triathlon to close your year in the heart of the Mediterranean.
Swim course (1,9 km)
The swim circuit is a single lap course takes place entirely in the beautiful Torà beach. You will swim 1.9 K from the Bay of Peguera and return to the arena of Torà beach to access the transition zone (T1, T2), approximately 140 meters from the water.
Bike course (90 km)
Mallorca owes much to its reputation as one of the most picturesque and spectacular 70.3 triathlons to its bike course. One thing is for sure: it’s not completely flat. It has some rolling and some hilly segments but also speedy sections where bikes can speed up to 60km/h. The course is full of landscapes, it’s technical and demanding and at times faster than other triathlon courses.
Run course (21 km)
For the 2016 edition we have made different changes in the run circuit in order to make it more flat and giving value to the most spectacular areas of Peguera: the seafront and the boulevard. The result is an entertaining circuit that runs through the center of the village, with public and animation throughout the race.
MAIN FEATURES THAT DEFINE THE CHALLENGE MALLORCA TRIATHLON EVENT:
You are in Peguera (Mallorca). Enjoy swimming in the beaches, explore the trails that take you to the stunning Serra de Tramuntana, discover Calvià’s 14 towns on bike and let yourself be drawn to all their services. You’re in a great place, enjoy it!
- First class hotels: a varied and fully adapted range specialising in sports tourism with the capacity and experience needed for handling major events. More info
- Great food: top quality food combining traditional Mediterranean and Spanish dishes with the finest international cuisine.
- Other attractions: a boulevard running through Peguera where you can find everything you might want: great shops and a range of leisure options and services.
- Training centres: Peguera and Calvià have everything triathletes might need for the different disciplines: running tracks, swimming pools and gyms are all available, with countless open-air routes to enjoy
COURSES AND ORGANISATION
Challenge Peguera Mallorca triathlon courses stand out not just for their beauty but for their speed, variation and control.
This is where the organisation comes in. The team operates under the motto “Your Challenge is Our Challenge” to provide participants and their families with a complete holiday and competition service.
SIDE EVENTS PROGRAM
At Challenge Peguera Mallorca triathlon our aim is to provide a global experience that goes beyond hosting the best triathlon event. That’s why we’ve prepared an extensive and diverse activities program to ensure that triathletes and their families and friends get the most out of their stay. A range of activities is planned for the week building up to the Half Challenge Peguera.